2.14.2012

Care Package of Love


I came home yesterday to a wonderful surprise waiting for me! My parents sent me a lovely care package of New Orleans treats! Filled with staples from home that I've surely been missing, I am so excited to get to cookin’! Jambalaya and gumbo are two classic New Orleans dishes that everyone should try at least once! The thing I’m most excited about is the beignet mix from CafĂ© Du Monde! I’ve never made beignets before, but I’m looking forward to trying it out.


The 21 of February marks Fat Tuesday of Carnival in New Orleans, and it’s a tradition that I am so sad to miss. I’ve never skipped Mardi Gras in all of my 22 years, and it truly breaks my heart. In order to celebrate the occasion all the way from Florida, I’ll be making a King Cake next week for my classmates! Pictures to come! I hope they enjoy the traditional dessert as much as I do!


Last, but not least, Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment