1.05.2012

Two Thousand and Twelve

So far the new year has been treating me very well! I moved to Orlando, FL in November of last year to pursue a Master’s Degree in Entertainment Business at Full Sail University. I knew it would be hard for me to move away from home, but I didn’t realize quite how difficult of a transition it would be. I was homesick almost immediately. I had never before moved so far away from everything that I knew. I worked very hard to adjust to my new life, but before I knew it I was returning home for Christmas break.
The minute I stepped off of the plane in New Orleans I felt relieved. I was back in my old stomping grounds! I reunited with family and friends and visited the French Quarter and other favorite hangouts as often as possible. I was so lucky to be able to go home for Christmas and New Years! There’s no place like home…especially for the holidays!


Before I left New Orleans I had to get a king cake. It’s tradition for them to come out on New Years Day.
Once it was time to go back to Orlando I felt a little better. Me and my boyfriend made yet another road trip from New Orleans to Orlando and had a ton of fun!


Perfect back to school Christmas gift, as seen on my boyfriend. TUUUURTLE backpack! It’s an official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack, and came with all of the masks. I love it!

I’ve been back for two weeks now and finally feel settled and adjusted. I’m really starting to like the area, and school is going great! It’s refreshing to be in school studying things that pertain only to my major. It’s also really nice to be surrounded with people who are as enthusiastic about the entertainment industry as I am.
I’m excited to see what else the new year has in store! How is everyone else’s new years going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment