1.21.2012

Out of Africa

Right after Christmas I was off to Arizona to visit my boyfriend’s family. While we were there we took the kiddies to the Out of Africa Wildlife Park. If you’re ever in the area I suggest you check it out!

One of the best events of the day was the safari tour. Our driver bribed one of the giraffes into our bus with a cookie, and I was able to get some great pictures!


Keebow, the giraffe!


Later on in the day we passed by the rhino area while he was getting some shade inside of his house. Since we couldn’t see him we started yelling his name, “Boom Boom,” which was posted on the outside. After awhile he actually came out! He got so close to us and put his head right on the barricade. We were close enough to pet him. The base of his horn was literally as big as my leg. It was amazing to be that close to such a powerful animal.


My boyfriend managed to get a video of him as he came out!



The best part of my day was when I made out with a giraffe, literally. One of the zookeepers gave us some cookies to feed them and here’s what happened next:


My face in the end is priceless. I’ll never forget it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment